If you’re undertaking a renovation, a new bathroom is more than likely somewhere in the mix.
Creating a new bathroom
When you have the opportunity to create a bathroom, you have a ‘blank sheet of paper’. So it’s important to ensure that what design you’re thinking about is going to work.
When you’re designing the bathroom you need to be mindful of several things:
- What space will I be allocating to the new bathroom?
- Are we working with a new space or an existing bathroom space, if so where are the drainage points, do they have to be moved, can they be moved?
- How many people could be using the bathroom space at the one time?
- What do I want the bathroom to do, will everything be in it such as a toilet, bathtub, shower, hand basin, mirror or will it be more simple than this?
- What natural light will be available in the bathroom?
- Does the bathroom need to be heated?
- What type of exhaust will we need to minimise moisture?
- What lighting will be required?
These are some of the questions we will be asking when we consult you on your new bathroom.
There’s a purpose for a bathroom looking great
One of the stand out things about a bathroom is the ‘first impressions’.
You may be thinking that’s the impression we want to give to our friends when they visit, but it’s more than that.
Every morning when you get up, your first port of call in most cases is your bathroom. If that’s the case, the bathroom when its the right look and feel with its colours and textures makes and impression on you and how you feel.
For many, the bathroom is the place where you groom yourself for others to see you and interact with you throughout the day. Appearance counts when you’re in a job that involves dealing with people.
A bathroom is much more than ‘that room’, its the place where you prepare to meet the day.
At Simply Bathrooms and Renovations we pride ourselves in working through these questions with you, especially if you’re undertaking Bathroom Renovation in Canberra.
Our reason for asking these questions is we want to meet your expectations and provide a new bathroom that’s going to help you move through the day in a positive way!